Prawn Black Chickpeas Curry Recipe | Prawns Recipes
This curry it's paired very well with steamed or jeera rice or even paratha and it taste good after few hours when all the spices blends together and enhances the flavor of curry. We can make lot of variations like adding curd, tamarind to make the curry more tangy or skip coconut if you can't find or don't want to add it. For now let's just check out the recipe.
Prawn Black Chickpeas Curry is easy prawn curry with added benefits of chickpeas. Chickpeas adds good crunch and taste to prawn curry and also adds volume to the dish. You can add white, green or black chickpeas just anything of your choice and the curry taste good all way. Only thing to remember in this curry to soak and boil chickpeas but you can also add canned chickpeas or if you making chickpeas curry then keep aside little to make this curry.
You can also check other Prawns Recipes
- Goan Okra Prawn Curry
- Prawn Coconut Curry
- Nadan Chemmeen Varuthathu | Kerala Style Prawn Fry
- Kadai Prawn Masala
- Gongura Prawns (royyalu)
- Prawns Lobia Masala
- Chettinad Prawns Curry (Eral Kuzhambu)
- Prawn Masala
Prawn Black Chickpeas Curry RecipeDelicious prawn curry with black chickpeas, coconut and spices.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||South Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- To Marinate
- 400 gms - Cleaned Prawns
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Salt For Curry
- 1 Cup - Soaked & boiled Black Chickpeas
- 3 Large - Onions
- 4 - Green Chilies
- 2 Large - Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- A Pinch - Asafoetida/Hing
- 4 to 5 - Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp - Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp - Red Chili Powder or to taste
- 2 tsp - Coriander Seeds Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 3/4 tsp - Garam Masala Powder
- 3 tbsp - Grated Coconut
- To Taste - Salt
- 1 Cup - Water
- 2 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Marinate cleaned and well rinsed prawns with salt, turmeric and keep aside until needed. Finely chop peeled onions, chop green chilies, puree 1 tomato and chop remaining one tomato, grind grated coconut with little water and keep aside.
- In a pan or wok heat oil add cumin seeds, asafoetida and allow to splutter. Add onion, ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, curry leaves and saute until onion becomes soft and light brown. Add red chili, turmeric and coriander powder and mix well, let a cook for a min, meanwhile rinse marinate prawns 4-5 times. Add prawns and mix well, cook in medium flame for 5 mins pan covered with regular stirring.
- Now add chopped and puree tomato, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tomato gets mashed and oil starts to float. Add boiled chickpeas, water, salt, garam masala and simmer for 5 mins
- Add coconut paste mix well and simmer in slow heat for 5 mins or until oil floats on top. Garnish with coriander leaves, off flame and keep covered for 10 mins minimum before serving.
- You can add canned chickpeas too. If you have making chickpeas curry then keep aside little to make this prawns curry next day or so.
- You can skip coconut if you wish.
- To make it tangy and more like kuzhambu, can you can little of tamarind extract or even 1/2 cup beaten curd (ad while adding water).
Delicious prawns and black chickpeas curry.
prawn curry recipe,how to make prawns curry,prawn chickpeas curry recipe,prawns black chickpeas curry recipe,prawn curry with coconut,prawn chickpeas coconut curry,how to make south indian prawn curry,