Vegan Seviyan Kheer | Vegan Semiya Payasam | Vermicelli Kheer
If you think we can't make kheer for Vegan people then now you know what to do :) also this vegan version of semiya payasam is good change from regular semiya even if we are not particular about vegan food. You can learn how to make your own almond milk here, it's again very easy to prepare too, or try even with coconut milk. Both milk bring it's own flavor to the kheer making it more delicious.
Vegan Seviyan (vermicelli) Kheer or Semiya Payasam is made with vermicelli and almond milk instead of regular diary milk. We can also make this with coconut milk or cashew-nut milk too for vegan version. Almond flavors in sevai makes it very delicious and light, vegan seviyan taste similar to diary milk seviyan just with almond hint and I am getting hooked to this vegan version now as it's very easy with minimal ingredients and quick to prepare.
I wanted to post Sheer Korma at least this year before Eid but it's not going to happen again, and I am very sad about it, for years it's my plan to post the delicious sheer korma recipe but I am unable, hopefully I can post that soon. Until then enjoy this vegan version of semiyan and perhaps try something different for this Eid?
You can also check other Kheer (payasam) recipes
- Seviyan Kheer (Semiya Payasam)
- Moong Dal Kheer (Pasi Paruppu Payasam)
- Dates Kheer
- Chana Dal Kheer
- Dudhi (Lauki/Bottlegourd) Kheer
- Carrot Kheer
- Poha Kheer (Aval Payasam)
- Sabudana Kheer (Javvarisi Payasam)
- Apple Rabri
Vegan Seviyan Kheer (Semiya Payasam) RecipeSeviyan (vermicelli) Kheer made with home made almond milk, sugar and dry fruits.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 3/4 Cup - Seviyan/Semiya/Vermicelli
- 2 Cups - Almond Milk
- 1 Cup - Water
- 1/4 Cup or To Taste - Sugar
- 8 to 10 - Halved Cashew-nuts
- 1/2 tbsp - Raisins
- 1/2 tbsp - Chopped Pista (optional)
- 2 - Powdered Green Cardamom
- Heat a wok and dry roast cashew-nuts,raisins until light brown. Add semiya or seviyan and roast in slow to medium flame until golden brown with continuous stirring. Add water and cook in medium flame until seviyan gets cooked.
- Add Sugar and allow sugar to melt, now keep the flame to slow and add almond milk, cook for 5 to 7 mins in slow flame possible simmering kheer. Don't let almond milk boil or it will curdle. Lastly add cardamom powder mix adn off flame. Garnish with pista and serve.
- You can add coconut milk instead of almond milk.
- You can add normal diary milk instead of almond milk too.
- Adjust sugar to suit your needs, you can also reduce or replace sugar with finely chopped dates, figs etc.
Delicious Seviyan Kheer or Sevai Payasam with almond milk.
vegan seivyan kheer, vegan semiya payasam, vegan payasam recipe, seivyan recipe,seviyan with almond milk,Ramadan recipes, Seviyan for Eid,easy semiya payasam recipe,how to make semiya payasam,seviyan, vermicelli kheer,sevai kheer,sweet vegan seviyan,sevai payasam,