Shevgyachya Bhaji Recipe | Maharashtrian Drumstick Curry Recipe
This Shevgyachya Bhaji or drumstick curry is again been in my draft for very long time now and like bharli vangi I wanted to post this recipe also after sharing goda masala recipe with you all then it didn't happen, it's been very long since I took any picture and after my laptop crash I hardly have any pictures left with me to share recipes here, lucky while browsing my flickr account I notice I had this pictures uploaded and thought it's time I should share this now.
Shevgyachya Bhaji is Maharashtrian style Drumstick Curry recipe made with simple ingredients and there is no onion, no garlic, no tomato in this recipe just minimal things makes this curry so delicious. I have tried Shevgyachya Bhaji last year for the first time and from then on this simple curry is very regular at home as it's goes well with both rice and roti. Though the curry may not be very appealing in look but you will love it once you taste this.
I love this curry because it's very simple, I don't have to chop onion, tomato, green chili :) which saves lot of time and peanut, coconut bring wonderful flavor to this curry. If you like drumstick then you should try this and I am quite confident you will like this too. So let's just check the recipe without further delay.
You can also check other Drumstick Recipes
- Mulakkada Masala (Drumstick Masala)
- Drumstick Sambar
- Drumstick Leaves Rasam
- Drumstick Leaves Adai Dosa
- Drumstick Leaves Toor Dal Bhaji
- Drumstick Egg Curry
Shevgyachya Bhaji | Drumstick Curry RecipeMaharashtrian style vegan, no onion no garlic drumstick curry with simple ingredients.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 2 - Drumsticks
- 1 tbsp - Oil
- A Pinch - Asafoetida/Hing
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp - Red chili Powder
- 1 tsp - Goda Masala or Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp - Tamarind
- 1 tsp - Jaggery
- To Taste - Salt
- 1 Cup + 1/2 Cup - Water
- 2 tbsp - Peanuts
- 2 tbsp - Grated Coconut
- Roast peanuts until light brown, allow to cool and ground into powder. Meanwhile wash, peel and cut drumsticks into 2 inch pieces. Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup water for 10 to 15 mins, extract juice and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan add hing, mustard and cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Add drumstick pieces, turmeric powder, sauté for 2 minutes
- Once drumstick become light brown, add red chili powder, goda masala or garam masala, salt saute for 1 min in slow flame.
- Add 1 cup water and cook drumstick until it becomes tender and gets cooked, around 12-14 mins in medium flame.
- Add tamarind extract or 1 tsp tamarind paste, jaggery and mix well, cover and bring it to a good boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add peanut powder, coconut (adjust salt if required) and mix well, cook for 1 min and off flame. Gravy will become thick once we off flame too so just off flame after a minute.
Serve with any paratha, roti, or rice.
Tangy, sweet and delicious Shevgyachya Bhaji or Drumstick Curry.
Shevgyachya Bhaji, Drumstick Curry, Maharashtrian style drumstick curry,Shevgyachya paanachi bhaji,murungakkai curry,sahjan bhaaji, sahjan takari,Murungai curry,mulakkada masala(kura),Shevgyachya curry,side dish for roti,