Rajgira Ka Halwa | Rajgira Sheera | Navratri Vrat Recipes
Like atte ka halwa or singhara halwa is this Rajgira ka halwa also made but here used milk instead of water, you can see from the picture now nicely the halwa looks, it tasted so yum too just so delicious, whether fasting or not this makes a wonderful dessert. I made this on 1st day of Navratri for Naivedyam or bhog. You can also check Rajgira Paratha (Thepla) recipe.
Rajgira Halwa, Rajgara Sheera, Rajgira Atta Ka Halwa or amaranth flour halwa is easy, delicious halwa made with rajgira atta (amaranth flour) made for fasting or vrat. Amaranth is gluten-free and very healthy, flour made from amaranth are slightly coarse compare to singhara or kuttu flour which gives more texture to the halwa. This rajgira no sheera (rajgira ka halwa) is very easy to prepare with minimal ingredients.
This Faraal halwa taste more delicious when it's hot or warm so if you are going to take this later then heat it again or microwave for a minute before serving. I used 2 tbsp of ghee which I personally find little extra, for me 1 tbsp of ghee is more than enough but it's your personal choice you can add or reduce ghee to suit your taste. In this case the ghee was really oozing out from halwa.
To make rajgira ka halwa more rich and delicious we can add mawa or khoya (learn to make khoya in 15 mins) when we add sugar add khoya with it and that's makes the halwa super delicious. I wanted to do that but I forgot to thaw the khoya so couldn't add it, but this rajgiro sheera taste yum this way too so adding khoya is just optional. Try this halwa for your Navratri fasting and you going to love it.
You can also check other Navratri Fasting (Vrat) Recipes
- Singhara Burfi
- Singhara Halwa
- Shakarkand (Sweet Potato) Halwa
- Gajar (Carrot) Halwa
- Nariyal (Coconut) Burfi
- Dry Fruits Burfi
- Bariya (Coconut) Ladoo
- Singhara Sabudana Ladoo
- Dates Sesame Ladoo
- Nariyal Khoya Gulkand Ladoo
- Dudhi (lauki) Kheer
- Sabudana Kheer
- Dates (Khajur) Kheer
- Makhane Ki Kheer
Rajgira Halwa | Rajgira Sheera RecipeFalahari rajgira atta (amaranth flour) halwa for Navratri fasting or vrat.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1/2 Cup - Rajgira Atta/Amaranth Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup - Milk or Water
- 2 tbsp - Ghee
- 1/4 Cup - Sugar (I used 3 tbsp)
- 4 - Sliced Almonds
- 7-8 - Halved Cashew nuts
- 8-10 - Raisins
- 1/2 tsp - Fresh Cardamom Powder
Serve hot or warm.
- Keep milk (or water if using) for boil, once milk comes to good boil off flame.
- Meanwhile in other burner heat ghee in a kadai/wok and add cashews, almond sauté in medium flame until light brown, add raisins and cook until raisins gets puffed up, take care not to burnt it. Drain from ghee and keep aside. In same kadai add rajgira atta and saute in slow flame.
- Saute until atta becomes brown and aromatic, keep stirring non-stop and do this only in low flame if not atta will get burnt. Rajgira atta takes times to get roasted properly so don't be in a hurry and don't try to increase the flame, it will burn the flour.
- Once rajgira atta gets roasted well and brown (see the flour color in 1st and 2nd picture for different below), add boiled milk and stir well to avoid any lumps, if any lumps gets formed break it from back of ladle.
- Keep mixing until all the milk gets evaporated, this process is very fast, now add sugar and mix well for sugar to combine.
- Add fried dry fruits, cardamom powder mix well, by now ghee starts to leave side of pan, off flame, keep halwa covered for 5 mins before serving.
Serve hot or warm.
- You can add sugar with milk and bring it to boil.
- Make sure all the cooking is done in slow to medium flame, roast rajgira flour only in slow flame so it's gets roasted well and doesn't get burnt.
- You can add dry fruits of your choice.
- If you wish you can add 1/4 cup of khoya/mawa and replace milk with water for more rich tasting halwa.
Delicious Rajgira (amaranth) halwa.
rajgira halwa recipe,rajgira atta ke halwa recipe,amaranth flour halwa,vrat ke halwa recipe,rajgira sheera recipe,Faraal halwa,sheera recipes,rajgira ka halwa,rajgira no sheero,rajgira halwa recipes,easy halwa recipe,how to make rajgira sheera,recipe of atte ka halwa,rajgira flour halwa recipe, fasting recipes, vrat ka khana, upwas khana, upvas recipes, navratri fasting food,easy snacks,