Sooji Ki Kheer | Rava (Semolina) Payasam | Easy Kheer Recipes
Sooji Ke Kheer, Suji Kheer, Rava Payasam or Semolina Kheer is one of the easy kheer or payasam recipe which can be done quickly and taste delicious. This sooji kheer is also suitable for babies or more than 6th old infants, just don't add dry fruit pieces instead of that you can make powder and add to the kheer as rava or sooji is easily digest-able this kheer makes very good recipe for small babies too we can call it sooji porridge :)
Wishing you all Happy Dussehra (Vijayadashami).
This sooji kheer or rava payasam is today's ie Dussehra (vijayadashami) prasad or naivedyam, just made something quick and simple since I am not really well, if you look for easy recipes specially for naivedyam during this festive season then payasam is very good option as their are minimal ingredients just rava, milk and sugar plus some dry fruits, ghee and we have wonderful dessert ready.
Now that festival season started and most of us have get-together or party at home for that too this makes a wonderful dessert and this takes very less time, just make in advance and you can also keep in fridge to serve chilled, or before serving just warm up also add some milk since this kheer gets thicken quickly without must trouble.
You can also add some kesar/saffron soaked in 2-3 tbsp of warm milk to kheer to have rich and nice looking dessert, or reduce sugar and add 1-2 tbsp of condensed milk to have creamy kheer or payasam, you can customize this kheer to anything that you wish or just make like this it taste delicious all the ways :)
Something like this my puja thali looked today, looks beautiful right, festivals are always so good bring colors and good vibes to our life. I have this habit of roasting sooji or atta well which comes from sooji halwa so I roasted here too the rava well and thus I don't have white color looking kheer, if you wish to have nice white color kheer or payasam then don't roast semolina/rava until it gets brown, but roast only until aroma starts to come. Enjoy this easy kheer and let me know if you try.
You can also check other Kheer Recipes
- Seviyan Kheer (Semiya Payasam)
- Moong Dal Kheer (Pasi Paruppu Payasam)
- Carrot Kheer (Carrot Payasam)
- Chana Dal Kheer (Kadalai Paruppu Payasam)
- Vegan Semiya Kheer
- Dudhi (lauki) Kheer
- Sabudana Kheer
- Dates (Khajur) Kheer
- Makhane Ki Kheer
- Apple Rabdi
- Poha Kheer (Aval Payasam)
Sooji Ki Kheer | Rava Payasam RecipeQuick, delicious kheer with sooji (Semolina perfect for any festival.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1/2 Liter/500ml - Milk
- 3 tbsp - Sooji/Rava/Semolina
- 1 tbsp - Ghee
- 1/4 Cup - Sugar (I used 3 tbsp)
- 8-10 - Halved Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp - Raisins
- 1/4 tsp - Fresh Cardamom Powder
- Keep milk for boil, once milk slow flame and let the milks simmer until required..
- Meanwhile in other burner heat ghee in a kadai/wok and add cashews sauté in medium flame until light brown, add raisins and cook until raisins gets plump up, take care not to burnt it. Drain from ghee and keep aside. In same kadai with remaining ghee add sooji/rava and roast for 2-3 in slow flame or until rava gets nice aroma (I roasted sooji little extra as it's my habit to roast sooji real well, if you want white color kheer then don't let sooji/rava gets golden brown).
- Slowly add milk and keep stirring the mixture to avoid any lumps, if you don't do this quickly, rava will form lumps. Let rava/semolina cook in slow to medium flame for 4-5 mins.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, fried dry fruits and cook for 2 mins or until sugar dissolves and kheer gets thicken, off flame.
Serve hot, warm, cold or at room temperature.
- This kheer gets thicken up after a while so if you are not serving immediately then add some milk to dilute the kheer.
- If you want to have pure white looking kheer or payasam then don't roast rava/sooji until brown, once aroma start coming add milk.
- You can add any dry fruits of your choice.
- You can also add 1tbsp finely chopped coconut to have bites while having kheer.
Delicious and quick Sooji Ki Kheer.
Sooji ki kheer recipe, rava payasam recipe, easy kheer recipes, suji kheer,semolina pudding, semolina kheer,payasam recipes, naivedyam recipes, festival recipes, kheer recipes for diwali, indian rava payasam,rava payasam dessert,cook rava payasam,suji ki kheer for babies,suji ki kheer recipe,suji kheer infants,sooji kheer for infants,sooji kheer for babies,sooji payasam recipe,Rava payasam seivathu eppadi,