Masala Matar Pulao | Masala Peas Pulao | Lunch Box Recipes
I have already posted pea pulao or matar pulao recipe which is made with out any spices and also bagara bhaat which is made with onion paste base. I mentioned in the Matar Kachori post that I got lot of fresh green peas so I made lot of things but mostly I added with other vegetables to make curry or sabzi but along with that I also made this matar pulao and this time adding more spices which is different from usual pea pulao and it also go well with any gravy or dry side dish. I made this along Aloo Semi aur Matar Sabzi, spicy curry which made excellent side dish along. I didn't use any onion and garlic too so people looking for no onion no garlic pulao this is for you.
Masala Matar Pulao or Masala Peas pulao rice is easy one pot meal which can make in jiffy and also do lot of variations with it. This masala matar pulao makes excellent lunch box recipe or even perfect comfort meal for weekend when you have some good curry on making whether veg or non-veg then this simple pulao makes best combo. We can also use coconut milk to cook the pulao for extra flavors. Add few more vegetables if preferred.
This pulao also goes well with some good non-veg curry too, or even simple potato fry makes excellent combo so it's ideal for lunch box and if you get bored of the routine peas pulao then try this and you will be hooked to this one, specially for party or get-together this is a good change. I am posting all winter recipes specially peas recipe so you can try new things with fresh peas until it available in market.
You can also check other Pulao recipes here.
- Beetroot Pulao
- Bagara Bhaat (Pulao)
- Paneer Pulao
- Kashmiri Pulao
- Matar Pulao
- Tindora Pulao
- Sada (Plain) Pulao
- Soya Nuggets Pulao
Masala Matar Pulao | Peas Pulao RecipeOne pot meal pulao with fresh green peas and spices
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Main Course||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||3 to 4|
- 2 Cups - Basmati Rice
- 3 - Green Chilies
- 1 1/2 Cups - Green Peas
- 1 tsp - Grated Ginger
- 12 - Halved Cashewnuts
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Garam Masala Powder
- 3 1/2 Cups - Water or Coconut Milk
- To Taste - Salt
- 2 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves For Tempering or Tadka
- 2 tbsp - Oil or Ghee
- 2 - Dried Bay Leaf
- 3 - Cloves
- 1 tsp - Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Black Peppercorns
- 2 - Crushed Green Cardamom
- 1/4 inch - Cinnamon Stick
- 1 - Star Anise
- Small Piece - Mace
- Soak rice for 30 mins or until needed, rinse 3-4 times in fresh water and keep aside. Meanwhile de-shell peas (keep peas outside if using frozen), slit green chili, chop coriander leaves.
- Heat oil (ghee if using) in a pressure cooker add all the items listed under 'For Tempering' and allow cumin seeds to splutter.
- Add green chili, ginger, peas and saute for 2-3 mins in medium flame. Add cashewnuts and saute for a min, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala mix and cook for a minute.
- Add rice mix gently and saute for 1-2 minutes in medium flame, stir in intervals. Add water (or coconut milk), salt, coriander leaves and mix. Close cooker and cook for 2 whistles. Once pressure released gently fork rice.
- You can replace water with coconut milk or use half water, half coconut milk.
- Don't miss the peppercorns, it adds good flavor to the pulao. .
- If using frozen peas then saute for a min after added so it doesn't get mashed while cooking.
Delicious, one pot meal masala matar pulao.
Matar pulao recipe, green peas pulao recipe,masala matar pulao, masala peas pulao,matar pulav recipe,pulao in pressure cooker,easy pulao recipe, pulav,pattani sadam,spicy matar pulao