Falahari Aloo Tamatar Sabzi | Potato Tomato Curry | Navratri Vrat Recipes
Even if you are not fasting but look for no onion no garlic recipe during Navratri then this is for you and you will hook this one forever :) This makes not only good vrat recipe but also lunch box recipe or even or party. And this aloo tamatar sabzi can be served with any thing of choice. This time I paired this aloo tamatar sabzi with samvat khichi and it was made during last year fasting, to make the boring khichdi more interesting :) I will share khichdi recipe next so stay tuned.
Vrat Wale Aloo Tamatar Sabzi is quick fasting (vrat/upwas/navratri) recipe which makes excellent side dish with vrat (navratri) ka khana like kuttu cheela, singhara cheela, singhara poori, samvat pulao or khichdi. This is my go recipe whether it's fasting day or not, I follow same procedure to make this aloo tamatar sabzi during non-fasting days too just add normal table salt instead of sendha namak, as this sabzi goes well with roti, poori, pulav too.
The Sabzi color is all nature with tomato and red chili powder. If you don't eat red chili powder while fasting then add more green chilies and pepper powder. And if you like to see any particular Vrat recipe then let me know.
You can also check other Navratri Fasting (Vrat) Recipes
- Vrat Ki Idli,Dosa
- Sabudana Khichadi
- Sabudana Thalipeeth
- Vrat Ke Aloo Poori
- Singhara Atta Cheela
- Kuttu Atta Cheela
- Samvat Pulao
- Kacche Kele Ki Sabzi
- Vrat Ke Dudhi (Lauki) Sabzi
- Phalahari Arbi Sabzi
- Sabudana Tikki
- Phalahari Kaccha Kela Aloo Tikki
- Dudhi (lauki) Raita
- Aloo Raita
- Vrat Ke Papdi Chaat
Vrat Wale Aloo Tamatar Sabzi | Potato Tomato CurryVegan, easy lightly spiced potatoes and tomatoes curry for fasting (vrat/upwas).
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 3 - Medium Potato
- 4 - Medium Tomato
- 2 - Chopped Green Chilli
- 2 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves
- To Taste - Sendha Namak/Rock Salt
- 1 tbsp - Oil or Ghee
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- 1 tsp - Grated Ginger/Adarak
- 1 Sprig - Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp - Fresh Crushed Pepper
- 2 Cups or as needed - Water
- Boil potatoes in pressure cook or open pan until full cooked, allow to cool. Chop green chili, tomato and coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in kadai or wok add cumin seeds, green chili, grated ginger, curry leaves and allow cumin to splutter.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for a min until they start to get soft. Now add red chili powder, mix well.
- Cook in medium flame until tomatoes gets mashed, add 1/4 cup water and cook for 2-3 mins for tomato get cooked fully or oil starts to float on top.
- While tomato getting cooked, peel boiled potatoes and break into pieces using hand, mash few potao pieces. Reserve half potato and add rest of potato piecces in tomato base. Mash reserved half potato well with 1/2 cup water like in picture - this will make the gravy little thick.
- Add 1 to 1/2 cup water, potato mixed water and bring it to boil. Add sendha namak (rock salt), pepper and cook for 6-8 mins in medium flame or until gravy becomes little thick. Add coriander leaves, mix and off flame.
Serve warm with cheela, singahra poori, sama pulao or khichdi.
Easy and delicious falahari Aloo Tamatar Sabzi.
vrat wale aloo tamatar sabzi, falahari aloo sabzi recipes,aloo tamatar sabzi recipe, vrat ke aloo sabzi,vrat ke aloo tari recipe, phalahari aloo sabzi, navratri recipes, vrat ka khana, vrat recipes, upwas recipes, fasting food, fasting recipes,