Samvat Rice Khichdi | Sama Khichdi | Navratri Vrat Recipes
Even if you are not fasting but look for no onion no garlic recipe during Navratri then this is for you and you will hook this one forever :) This khichdi taste so yum with cardamom, cloves, cinnamon flavors plus ginger adds the extra zing so I strongly suggest not to miss any of these. I added carrot, tomato in the recipe but if you don't both of any of these then just skip it the khichdi will taste yum still.
Samvat Chawal Khichdiis quick fasting (vrat/upwas/navratri) recipe which makes excellent dish for vrat (navratri) ka khana and goes well with aloo tamatar sabzi, dahiwale kaddu or even simple raita. We can make this khichdi in no time in pressure cooker and I like to jazz up the khichdi little with spices to make it more delicious, so I added whole garam masala you can skip that too.
Barnyard millets also known as Sama, Samvat, Jhangora, Kuthiravali (in Tamily) are high in fibre content, phosporous and calcium. Bardyard has low glycemic index and thus helps in type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease with regular intake of this millet.
You can also check other Navratri Fasting (Vrat) Recipes
- Vrat Ki Idli,Dosa
- Sabudana Khichadi
- Sabudana Thalipeeth
- Vrat Ke Aloo Poori
- Singhara Atta Cheela
- Samvat Pulao
- Kacche Kele Ki Sabzi
- Aloo Tamtar Sabzi
- Vrat Ke Dudhi (Lauki) Sabzi
- Phalahari Arbi Sabzi
- Sabudana Tikki
- Phalahari Kaccha Kela Aloo Tikki
- Dudhi (lauki) Raita
- Aloo Raita
- Vrat Ke Papdi Chaat
Samvat Chawal Khichdi Recipe | Vrat Ki KhichdiVegan, easy lightly spiced Khichdi made with Barnyard Millets for fasting (vrat/upwas).
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1 Cup - Sama Chawal/Barnyard Millet
- 1 - Medium Potato
- 1 - Medium Tomato
- 1 - Medium Carrot
- 2 - Chopped Green Chilli
- 2 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves
- To Taste - Sendha Namak/Rock Salt
- 1/2 tbsp - Oil or Ghee
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- 1 - Crushed Green Cardamom/Elachi
- 1/2 inch - Cinnamom/Dalchini
- 2 Cloves/Luang
- 1 tsp - Grated Ginger/Adarak
- 1 Sprig - Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp - Fresh Crushed Pepper
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin Powder
- 2 1/2 Cups - Water
- cash and soak sama chawal in water until required. Peel and chop potato, carrot, chop green chili, tomato and coriander leaves.
- Heat oil or ghee in pressure cooker, add cumin seeds, green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, green chili, grated ginger, curry leaves and allow cumin to splutter.
- Add chopped carrot, potato and fry for 2 mins or until both starts to brown. Now add tomato and cook until tomato starts to get mash.
- Drain water from soaked sama chawal and add rice to cooker, mix well and cook for a min. Now add red chili powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, sendha namak (rock salt) and mix well.
- Add water mix well and add coriander leaves, close cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles, if using futura once cooker starts to stream, keep cooker in slow and cook for 5 mins. Allow pressure to release, mix khichdi well before serving.
Serve warm with Aloo Tamatar Sabzi, Raita, Dahiwale Kaddu or Vratwale Aloo.
Easy and delicious falahari Sama Khichdi.
Sama chawal khichdi recipe, samvat khichdi recipe, sama ke chawal ki khichdi, moraiyo khichdi,vrat ka khichdi recipe, navratri recipes, vrat ka khana, vrat recipes, upwas recipes, fasting food, fasting recipes,