Chegodilu (Chekodi) Recipe | Ring Murukku | Diwali Snacks
My sis's mother-in-law makes wonderful Chegodilu and that was the 1st time I tasted this yummy snack, whenever coming back from India there will be lot of goodies with my sis and BIL of which this chegodilu, thattai and few more will be always in list. For this Diwali you can try something different and this chegodilu perfectly fits the bill as this is very easy. This is also similar to kodubale but some people use little different recipe, this recipe is good if you want to make Murukku Without Achu ie without the murukku press or machine, if you don't have murukku or chakli machine then this recipe does come handy.
Chegodilu or Ring Murukku, Chekodilu (Kola vadai), Spicy Murukku also I used to call it is easy murukku recipe from Andhra. Chegodilu is super delicious it's crunchy yet soft with wonderful and little on spicy side. By now most of you must know I like to make various types of murukku and this one on list to post for long time too, and finally am able to share this chegodilu recipe for diwali. This ring murukku doesn't only makes good snack for Diwali or even for tea time.
You can also check the other murukku recipes I posted so far like
- Garlic Murukku
- Butter Murukku
- Kara Murukku
- Moong Dal Murukku (Pasi Paruppu Murukku)
- Mullu Murukku
- Potato Murukku
- Besan Murukku
- Pepper Murukku
- Ribbon Murukku (Ribbon Pakoda)
You can check other Diwali Recipes, you can also check Diwali Sweets and Diwali Snacks recipes collection.
- Kara Sev
- Garlic Sev
- Besan Sev
- Ratlami Sev
- Namak Para/Diamonds Cuts
- Spicy Namak Para (Diamond Cuts)
- Corn Flakes Mixture
- Aval (Poha) Mixture
Chegodilu Recipe | Ringh Murukku RecipeEasy spicy murukku or chegodilu made with rice flour and spices, snacks for diwali.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 3 Cup - Rice Flour/Arisi Maavu
- 1.5 tbsp - Yellow Moong Dal
- 1 tsp - White Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp - Jeeera/Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp - Hot Oil
- To Taste - Salt
- 1 Cup - Water
- To Deep Fry - Oil
- Wash and soak moong dal in water for 20-30 mins, drain and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan or kadai, boil 1 cup of water, add the soaked moong dal, salt and a tablespoon of oil and bring it to boil.
- Reduce flame to low and slowly add rice flour to boiling water. Stir well to combine flour with water and turn off flame. Cover the vessel with a lid and keep it aside for 10 minutes or until it warm enough to handle.
- Once dough is cool, add the red chilli powder, sesame seeds and cumin seeds and mix well to make soft dough.
- To make the chegodilu/ring murukku, divide dough into equal size portion or goose berry size, make ball and then roll between your palms to form a little thick rope. Join both ends to make a ring. Cover them with a damp cloth or lid to prevent drying.
- Prepare all the rings or chegodis, Heat oil for frying in a kadai/wok. To check oil temperatures drop small ball of dough in oil, if it rises immediately on top then the temperatures is correct. Gently drop 4-5 chegodilu in hot oil and fry in high or medium flame.
- Once bubbles reduces turn and cook another side until bubbles ceases. Drain murukku in kitchen tissues, repeat same for rest.
After cooling completely store in airtight container.
Easy, crunchy yet soft and addictive ring murukku, enjoy with tea or coffee.
ring murukku recipe,chegodilu murukku,chegodilu recipe,how to make ring murukku chegodilu,Chekodilu (Kola vadai), kodubale recipe, Chekodi,Murukku Without Achu ,ring murukku raks kitchen,diwali snacks,diwali 2016,diwali recipes,andhra chegodilu recipe, murukku recipe,festival recipes, snacks for diwali, easy snacks for diwali,murukulu,Krishna Jeyanthi recipes,cook chegodilu, ring muruku, spicy chakli,,instant murukku recipes,easy murukku recipes,diwali murukku recipe,south indian diwali recipes,south indian murukku recipe,diwali recipes,easy diwali recipes,diwali 2016,deepavali palaharam in tamil