Cabbage Chana Dal
This was prepared by dear DH as I was late from work. It's a very simple recipe but that does n't make it any less tasty. Before I could have never imagine cabbage in dal...as I don't like the soggy taste of cabbage after it's get boiled, but it was not the case with this dal, try yourself to know :)
Bengal gram/Channa Dal - 1 cup
Cabbage - 150gms (appr.)
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Green chilli - 2-3
Garlic pods - 2
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tps
Red chilli powder - 1tbs
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tbs
Salt - to taste
Coriander leaves - 1tbs chopped (optional)
Oil - 1-2 tbs
1. Clean and wash gram dal, Cut washed cabbage in large chunks and preesure cook both with water, turmeric for 10-15mins or until done.
2. Slice onion, dice green chillies and chop tomato, coriander leaves, garlic.
3. In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Add garlic and fry until golden brown.
4. Add onion and chilli and fry until onion become transparent, add all the powder masala and cook for 2 mins.
5. Add tomato, mix well and cook for another 2mins. Now add the cooked dal and cabbage give a good stir, add salt and cook for a min.
6. Now add 1/2 cup of water (or more) and cook for 5mins, garnish with coriander.
Server with Rice or Roti.
This goes to Sowmya's SWC: Cooking with Greens, event started by Lakshmi.