Egg Sothi (Sodhi) Recipe | Egg Coconut Milk Curry Recipe
Sothi Curry, Sodhi Kuzhambu or yellow coconut curry as it's known as popular coconut milk curry mostly served with iddiyapam or steamed rice. Sothi is Sri Lankan dish but it's also popular in South India specially in Tamilnadu and Kerala. Sothi is made with coconut milk and very midly spiced which makes it perfect for kids or for people whom doesn't like spicy food. Like all recipes sothi also made in few different ways and today am presenting egg or muttai sothi.
I added boiled eggs but if you wish you can skip the eggs and make this as only sothi curry and serve with iddiyapam or rice or even with parotta. We can also do variation with adding vegetables to make it more filling. I got this recipe from one of my friend whom makes sothi in many styles and of course everything is delicious.
If you want to try something different from usual chutney, sambar affair then this sothi or also known as sodhi is good change specially for guests. I served this half with parotta and half with steamed rice as I didn't made any iddiyapam. I didn't click step wise pictures this time so bear with it.
You can also check other Egg Recipes
Egg Sothi (Sodhi) RecipeDelicious egg curry in mildly spiced coconut milk.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||South Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- Boil eggs until cooked, remove shell and keep aside.
- While eggs getting boiled, extract coconut milk from freshly grated coconut, keep 1st extractions (thick coconut milk) separately and mix 2nd and 3rd extracted (thin coconut milk). You can follow this method to extract coconut milk.
- Peel and slice onion, chop tomato, green chili and coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok add fennel seeds and allow to splutter. Add ginger-garlic, onion, green chili and saute until onion becomes translucent.
- Add tomato and cook until they becomes soft with regular stirring. Add turmeric powder, curry leaves mix well, add 3rd and 2nd extracted combined thin milk, eggs and allow to boil in slow flame until onion becomes soft around 5 mins
- Now add thick (1st extraction) coconut milk and simmer for 2 mins in slow flame, add salt mix well and off flame. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Don't cook too much after adding thick coconut milk, it will curdle the milk.
- You can add onion, green chili, tomato, ginger-garlic, turmeric powder with thin coconut milk and cook until soft then below rest of procedure too ie cooking without oil.
- You can skip eggs and make this as only sothi too.
Light, delicious sothi (sodhi) curry.
sothi recipe, egg sothi, Muṭṭai sothi recipe,sodhi recipe,srilankan sothi recipe,yellow coconut curry,iddiyapam side dish, Sothi Kuzhambu recipe,