Beetroot Poriyal | Beetroot Thoran | Beetroot Stirfry Recipe
This beetroot poriyal works great a side with rice sambar, rasam or even dal. But personally I like to eat plain steamed rice with this poriyal and relish it to most, it's my favourite combo which I can eat every day. Beetroot is one the wonder vegetable but lot of people don't eat beetroot and doesn't know the numerous benefits this number vegetable offers.
Beetroot Poriyal or Beetroot Thoran is one of most easy beetroot recipe, it's a simple stir fry with minimal ingredients which can be done in a jiffy, other than the beetroot grating part it's very easy to prepare. We love beetroot so much that there's always beetroot stocked up in my pantry and most of the time I make this beetroot stir fry or simply the beetroot dal, the most easy way to include beets in our diet.
There's never late to try this vegetable and it's so colorful and pretty, you should try it if you don't eat beetroot. Try this poriyal and you will like it too.
You can also check other beetroot recipes here
- Beetroot Buttermilk
- Beetroot Carrot Juice
- Beetroot Pachadi (Raita)
- Beetroot Halwa
- Beetroot Sooji Halwa
- Beetroot Carrot Soup
- Beetroot Sprouts Stir fry
- Beetroot Pesto Braided Bread
- Beetroot Pesto Pasta
- Beetroot Masala
- Beetroot Dal
Beetroot Poriyal (Thoran) RecipeBeetroot poriyal or thoran is easy beetroot stir fry with coconut.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||South Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 2 Medium - Beetroots
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp - Grated Coconut
- To Taste - Salt For Tempering
- 1 tbsp - Oil
- 1/2 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp - Urad Dal
- 2 - Dry Red Chili
- 3 - Green Chilies
- 6 to 7 - Curry Leaves
- Peel and grate beetroot, slit green chilies. In a pan or wok heat oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Add dry red chili, green chili, curry leaves, urad dal and saute until dal becomes light brown.
- Add beetroot and mix well, cover and cook in medium flame until beets half cooked with regular stirring, will take around 10 to 12 mins in medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and mix well, cover and cook for another 5 mins with stirring in intervals.. Add coconut mix well and cook for a minute, off flame.
- You can chop beetroot finely instead of grating.
- Add red chili powder is option, skip it if you wish.
- If you don't have coconut in hand, ignore it. This taste still yum
Delicious, quick beetroot poriyal or thoran.
beetroot poriyal recipe,beetroot thoran,how to make beetroot poriyal,beetroot recipes, beets recipes,beetroot stirfry,beetroot south indian style,easy beetroot recipe,beetroot poriyal,poriyal recipe,