I have posted few recipes using Beets so by now you should know my love for beets :). I wanted to make Beetroot Pulav from Saptha blog for long and was ready to do it during one of those raining weekend we had in SG ...but I realize Saptha had used cooked rice, I didn't had mood and patience's to do all that so I went for my short cut way and just made it like rice with the ingredients in hand.
So here is simple, quick and easy beets rice ..a one pot meal, those days when you are lazy to cook :).
~ The pics are not very gud cause we had almost no light thanks to rain.
Rice - 1 1/2 cup [ I used basmati]
Beetroot - 1 cup chopped or 1 small size
Onion - 1 [medium]
Green Chili - 2
Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Bisi Bela Bath Masala - 1 tbsp [optional]
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Garlic Pods - 2 large crushed
Curry leaves - few
Oil - 1-2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Water - 2 1/2 cup
1. Wash, peel and chop the beetroot in small bite size pieces. (you can grate the beets too)
2. Peel and slice the onion, slit the chiles. Wash and soak the rice for 10-15 minutes.
3. Heat oil in pressure cooker add cumin seeds once it cracks add garlic and saute, add onion, chili and curry leaves saute until onion becomes pink.
4. Add chopped beets pieces and saute for a minute. Include all the spice powder and give a stir cook for 1 minute.
5. Add rice and mix everything well. Now add salt and water, check for spice and salt and adjust if required.
6. Close the cooker lid and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Serve with any raitha of your choice.
This little bird waiting to taste the rice ;)
Have good weekend ~~