Ivy Gourd ~ Tindora Masala
Today is Ivy Gourd/Coccinia grandis/Tindora/Kundru recipe a vegetable which I made for the 1st time. I rarely eaten kundru and when DH bought this and I was like what I suppose to do with this, he said just make as you make other vegetables and gave me rough idea of recipe so here I tried it and I’m so glad that I did ...this one going to be regular one for sure now and blogging this recipe for my own reference :-)
Onion - 1 large
Tomato - 1 larege
Ginger-garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Fennel Seeds - 1/2tsp
Red chili powder - 2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 2tsp
Turmeric - 3/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
Asafoetida/Hing - a pinchSalt - to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
1. Peel, wash and chop onion and tomato, keep aside.
2. Wash and slice tindora.
3. In a pan heat oil add asafoetida , cumin and fennel seeds and allow to crack.
4. Add chopped onion n saute for a min in medium heat.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for 2 mins in medium to slow heat.
7. Now add the sliced tindora and saute for 5mins in medium to slow heat , stir in intervals
8. Add all the spcie powder and saute for 5mins in slow heat stiring in intervals
9. Add tomato,salt mix everything well and cook until tomato gets mash for about 3-4 mins in medium heat.
10. Add garam masala, mix everything well and cook for 2mins or until the tindora gets cooked. Add little water if required to cook tindora.
Enjoy the delicious simple tindora masala with roti or rice. We had with roti along with radish, carrot and lettuce salad.
Enjoy your day ...