Mooli Chana Dal | Radish Dal | Dal Recipes
Mooli Chana Dal or Radish Chana dal is easy dal recipe made with mooli. People normally use mooli or radish in paratha, salad, sambar and here is the dal version with chana dal. If aahar or toor dal is used with mooli then the taste is different & chana dal taste is different and this dal taste best if chana dal is used. Radish is high in folic acid and potassium and they have good source of vitamin B6, copper, calcium etc.
If you don't like to eat radish raw then making dal is very good option to include radish in diet or when you look for quick lunch or dinner option then this dal comes very handy just serve along papad, achar if you don't want to make any side dish or don't have time for it. I made Aratikaya Vepudu (plantain stirfry) along on a weekend for easy, quick and simple lunch menu.
Try this dal and let me know your reviews, you can also check other Dal Recipes
- Beetroot Dal
- Chana Dal Fry
- Chilka Moong Dal Tadka
- Chow Chow Dal
- Gongura Pappu (Dal)
- Hara Moong Dal Fry
- Katte Masoor Dal
- Kheksi | Kantoda Dal
- Palak Moong Dal
- Lauki Tuvar Dal
- Saayi Dal
- Tindora Chana Dal
- Tindora Dal
- Turai Dal
Mooli Chana Dal | Radish Dal RecipeEasy, healthy mooli chana dal is vegan dal recipe for great comfort food.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||4 to 5|
- 1.5 Cups - Chana Dal
- 1.5 Cups - Sliced Mooli/Radish
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 3 Cups - Water
- 2 tsp - Oil
- 1 tsp - Cumin Powder
- A Pinch - Asafoetida/Hing
- 2 - Dry Red Chili
- 1 - Medium Onion
- 1 tsp - Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp - Coriander Seeds Powder
- To Taste - Salt
- Wash and soak chana dal for 10 minutes (or more time) and meanwhile wash, peel and chop radish. Pressure cook chana dal, radish (mooli), turmeric powder and 2-2.5 cups water for 4-5 whistles. Once pressure released slight mash the dal.
- Peel and chop onion. In a wok or pan heat oil add hing, garlic and saute until garlic becomes golden brown, add cumin seeds, dry red chili and saute until cumin splutters, add onion and saute.
- Saute onion until golden brown, add red chili powder, coriander powder mix and saute for a min in low flame.
- Add cooked dal with radish, salt (water more if needed, I didn't add any more water) mix well and bring dal to good boil. Simmer for 5 minutes in medium flame and off gas.
Easy and healthy dal.
mooli dal recipe,raddish dal,mooli chana dal recipe,raddish chana dal recipe,chana dal,raddish recipes, mooli recipes, dal recipes,comfort food, vegan recipes, indian vegan recipes