Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
My nephew loves chocolate, let it be in any form so when we were visiting my sister I baked this chocolate chip cookies for him. Since my sister in-laws are here I had to do it eggless, I looked around for eggless recipe but couldn't find any thing interesting and to find a egg replacement for cookie is not that easy indeed. So I just one thing, eliminated the egg part from the recipe and followed the rest, the result was just so awesome.
I received wonderful feedback and everyone loved this cookies including my colleague with whom I shared these and that's makes me a happy person :) so if you are looking for egg less recipe then this is for you with no difference in taste or texture, try this and you will love these too.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Recipe Source: Joyofbaking
Butter - 1/2 Cup at room temperature
White Granulated Sugar - 1/3 Cup
Brown Sugar - 1/3 Cup packed [ I used dark brown sugar]
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Plain Flour - 1 Cup
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Chocolate Chip - 1/2 Cup
Chopped Walnut - 1/4 Cup [optional]
1. Sieve flour, salt and baking soda, keep aside. Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
2. In a bowl beat butter until smooth and creamy, add white and brown sugar.
~ Use the butter in room temperature it's gets the things done fast. I normally keep my butter outside overnight.
3. Beat until fluffy or sugar dissolve about 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Fold in flour in 2 batches and mix/beat until it combines. Add chocolate chip and nuts (if using) and mix well.
~ If the dough is very soft, cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes to 2 hours to make it firm.
5. Scoop 1 tbsp of dough on a ungreased baking/cookie sheet leaving enough space between each piece and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies get golden brown on edges. Cool on a wire rack and remove the cookies from sheet it's come out very easily, if not use a spatula to remove the cookies and store in airtight container.
~ For large cookie scoop 2 tbsp of dough and bake for 12-14 minutes, if you are baking the cookies in batches then keep the dough in fridge until you are ready to scoop it again. My cookies were done in 10 minutes so keep a eye.
My cookies are little on darker side cause I used dark brown sugar, if you use light brown sugar I guess the cookie color will be light brown.