Parangikai Kara Kondakadalai Puli Kuzhambu Recipe | Pumpkin Black Chickpeas Kulambu
Even if you not a big kuzhambu fan there are high chance you will like this one as the taste is unique and delicious, DH whom doesn't like anything with tamarind also eat this kuzhambu twice that day happily. I have used black chickpeas which I set aside a little while making Kala Chana Masala the previous day, you can do the same too, you can keep aside little of any beans while you boil to make this, just store in a box and refridgete it, it will say good for minimum of 2 days.
Parangikai Kara Kondakadalai Puli Kuzhambu or Pumpkin black chickpeas kulambu or curry is delicious kuzhambu recipe with sweetness of pumpkin, chickpeas crunchiness and tangy it's a real treat for kuzhambu lovers. I made this kuzhambu couple of weeks black while I was trying to clear my pantry and fridge before the India trip and with a large pumpkin sitting in my fridge I tried various different recipe instead of usual pumpkin dry curry or pumkin taro curry.
You can use white chickpeas, lobia, butter beans etc too for this kulambu instead of using black chickpeas or replace chickpeas with potato or any other vegetable of your choice too. Serve with rice, some papad or fryums and you have great comfort yet delicious lunch. Other pumpkin recipes you can check pumpkin soup, mathanga vanpayar erissery (pumpkin lobia curry), pumpkin curry, mixed vegetables dal.
You can also check other Kuzhambu, Rasam Recipes
- Karamani Kara Kuzhambu
- Vatha Kuzhambu
- Vazhakkai Kara Kuzhambu
- Vendakkai Mor Kuzhambu
- Murungai Keerai Rasam
- Paruppu Rasam
- Thakkali Rasam
Parangikai Kara Kondakadalai Puli Kuzhambu RecipeBlack chickpeas and pumpkin curry in South Indian Style
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||South Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- Cut pumpkin in wedges, peel and cut in bite size pieces, refer this post on how to cut pumpkin. Peel and chop onion, chop tomato, green chili. Soak tamraind in 1 cup water for 10-15mins and extract juice.
- In a pan or wok (kadai) heat oil add mustard, cumin seeds and allow to splutter, add curry leaves, onion, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste and saute until onion becomes light brown. Add sambar powder (I ran out of sambar powder so I used 1 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 turmeric powder and 1 tsp coriander seeds powder).
- Add pumpkin pieces and mix well, cook for 2-3 mins in medium flame or until pumpkin starts to become soft, now add tomato, mix and cook until tomato gets mashed. Add chickpeas, tamarind juice and bring it to boil, add 2 cups water (or more if required), salt to taste, mix and bring it to good boil. Simmer in medium for 8 to 10 mins or until kuzhambu becomes thick, off flame.
- You can add any beans of your choice instead of black chickpeas.
- You can skip tamarind and make this as curry or sabzi too.
Delicious kulambu for comfort meal.
Parangikai Kara Kondakadalai Puli Kuzhambu,Pumpkin Black Chickpeas Kulambu,Puli Kuzhambu,Kuzhambu recipe,kulambu recipe,pumpkin Kuzhambu recipe,puli kulambu recipe,kondakadalai kulambu recipe,