Spiced Apple Cake Recipe
I love baking with fruits, most of my baked recipes are with different fruits and here again I baked a cake with my favorite bake fruit – Apple. This cake I baked together with gingerbread man cookies and packed along fruit cake, all these goodies for cuties nibbling.
Coming back to this cake, it’s very simple cake with minimal ingredients, all the spices makes it very interesting and flavorful plus the aroma is so good, it’s soft, moist and crumbles just a perfect cake packed with apple goodness. If you like spices then you going to absolutely love this cake and if you don’t like spices then reduce the quantity to get just touch of spices, adjust according to your taste.
Ingredients for Spiced Apple Cake
Apples - 4-5 [I used different varieties]
Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
Sugar – 5 tbsp
Plain Flour/Maida – 2 Cups
Baking Powder - 2 tsp
All Spice Powder - 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Eggs - 3
Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Vegetable Oil – 3/4 Cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
1. Wash, core and dice apples, we don’t have to peel apples.
2. Toss with 5 tbsp sugar and cinnamon powder and set aside.
~ If you leave aside this for long time or a hour sugar will release water, which happened with me as I got busy with cooking lunch. But it’s not really a issue, we can use the water.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, all spice, nutmeg powder.
4. In a bowl beat eggs and sugar together until fluffy and sugar dissolves.
5. Add vanilla extract, milk and oil mix well. Now add flour mixture in batches, stir well to incorporated all ingredients.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degree or 180C. Prepare a 8 inch pan grease and dust with flour or line with parchment paper.
7. Pour half of cake batter into pan, spread half of apple over it.
8. Pour remaining batter over apples and again arrange remaining apples on top.
9. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake completely on a wire rack before slicing.
~ Check if the cake is baked after an hour.
Our cake is ready.
Have a nice day ~~