Aratikaya Vepudu Recipe | Plantain Stirfry Andhra Style
There are few versions of Aratikaya Vepudu and almost everyone does use onion, ginger-garlic paste while other spices are used according to everyone's household rules and procedure. The below recipe is very easy and everything you can find in your pantry to make this deicious Andhra style plantain fry.
Aratikaya Vepudu, Balekai Palya, Raw Banana Stirfry, Plantain Fry, Kachha Kela ki Sabzi, Vazhakkai Varuval or whatever we may call it is easy plantain or raw banana fry in Andhra style. It's basic plantain (Vazhakkai) pan fry with basic spices, onion, ginger-garlic paste etc. In normal Vazhakkai Varuval or plantain fry we don't add onion, ginger-garlic paste etc but in this Andhra version few extra ingredients are added which enhance the taste more.
Now a days I am always having plantain in my fridge, the stock never gets over. Normally I make the varual or simple stir fry, some time I do kofta or tikkis for evening snack and other one I am doing is mixing lot of vegetables and making it in curry form this I am doing every week now, not able to click final pictures of this mix vegetable with plantain curry it's really delicious shall try my best to take some pictures and share you all the lovely recipe too.
I made this Aratikaya Vepudu or Balekai Palya on a weekend for simple lunch along with Raddish (mooli) dal, I am going to post the mooli dal recipe next or real soon the combination is very good, you can also try this stir fry with sambar, rasam or simple dal tadka along with steamed rice.
You can also check other Plantain (Raw Banana) Recipe
Aratikaya Vepudu Recipe | Balekai Palya | Raw Banana(Plantain) Fry RecipePlantain Stir fry in Andhra Style with spices, onion and ginger-garlic paste.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||4 to 5|
- 3 - Plantain/Raw Banana
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- 1/2 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp - Urad Dal
- 6-7 - Curry Leaves
- 1 - Dry Red Chili
- 1 - Large Onion
- 1 tsp - Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp - Coriander Seeds Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin Powder
- 1/8 tsp - Fenugreek/Methi Seeds
- To Taste - Salt
- Peel and chop plantain (raw banana) in bite size pieces, immerse in water until all the plantain we cut, drain water and mix chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, 2-3 tbsp water with plantain, keep aside for 10 mins or until required. Meanwihile peel and slice onion. .
- Heat oil in a pan or wok add the mustard seeds, allow to splutter. Add methi seeds, curry leaves, urad dal dry chilies and toss. Add the onions and saute until onion becomes light brown.
- Add the plantain pieces mix well, cover and cook in medium to slow flame until plantain gets cooked, stir in interval to avoid burning. Off flame and keep aside for 10 mins before serving.
- You can also add 2 tbsp of fresh grated coconut while marinating plantain.
- You can replace dry red chili with green chilies.
- You can add 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder and cinnamon powder too.
Enjoy simple, easy Andhra style plantain fry.
Aratikaya Vepudu, Balekai Palya, Raw Banana Stirfry, Plantain Fry, Kachha Kela ki Sabzi, Vazhakkai varuval, Kele ki sabzi, plantain stir fry recipe, vegan recipes,vazhakkai curry,