Baati | In Oven
In my previous Baigan Aloo Bharta post I showed thali of daal baati, so here is the baati which I made in oven. I have blogged before making baati on gas top in baati cooker along with daal and khayri recipes.
The changes made in this baati recipe are I added soda and turmeric the 2 ingredients which I learnt from Sonal, adding soda does make the baati soft so do try it. Here presenting delicious meal of daal, baati, bharta, khayri, gatte ki sabji along with pickle :)
Wheat Flour - 1 1/2 cup
Semolina - 1/2 cup
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1-2 tbsp
Salt - 3/4 tsp
Turmeric -3/4 tsp
Ghee/classified Butter -
1. Mix all the ingredients along with enough water to make a chapati like dough.
2. Cover the dough for 1 hour with dump cloth and keep aside.
3. Make medium size ball and keep in baking tray. [ I followed Sonal idea of rolling the dough in sausage and then into ball ]
4. Preheat the oven in 225C
5. Bake the balls in 225C for 10 -15 mins.
6. Turn the baati over and bake for another 10-15 mins. Check if the baati fully cooked, if not bake for another 5-10 mins.
Break the baatis and dip/pour in ghee ...adding more ghee makes the baati very tasty :D
Enjoy your weekend ...