Eggless Chocolate Cookies
I'm not really a chocolate fan, that doesn't mean I don't eat chocolate at all, so stop giving me that look now :) . I baked these cookies for my nephew, though I wanted to make a chocolate chip cookie but in the end it just happened to be a chocolate cookie. The fun part was I let my nephew shape and design the cookies so you can see all those cute, funny pattern on cookies which he had lot of fun doing it. All together a day well spent baking and eating. The cookie was just how it suppose to be little crunchy, little chewy and little soft, exactly how I wanted it to be. It's very simple recipe with few ingredients which I adapted from Hamaree Rasoi and did little change to make it eggless. Thanks to Deepa for the recipe :)
Makes 2 dozen cookies
All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 Cup
Powder Sugar - 3/4 Cup
Cocoa Powder - 3 tbsp
Butter - 1/4 Cup [at room temperature]
Yogurt - 1/4 Cup
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
1. In a bowl whisk yogurt, sugar and butter until fluffy. Preheat oven to 180C or 356F
[If using unsalted butter add 1/4 tsp salt]
2. Sieve flour, baking and cocoa powder together and fold into sugar, yogurt mixture in batches making sure there are no lumps. Add vanilla essence and whisk together well.
3. Wrap the dough in cling and refrigerate for 1 hour. After an hour take out the dough and divide in to equal portion. Makes small balls and press between palm or use a cookie cutter for any desire shape. Place them on cookie sheet about an inch apart from each other.
4. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Mine was done in 10 minutes so keep an eye. Cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy the cookies.
1. You can add egg instead of yogurt.
2. Add chocolate chip topping if you wish.
Have a good week ~~