Carrot Chutney Recipe | Gajar Chatni (for Idli, Dosa)
Carrot Chutney or gajar chatni is one of the easy and healthy and no coconut chutney recipe for idli, dosa, pongal, vada or any tiffin items. I used to make this carrot chutney a lot some time back and along with few variations. This carrot chutney is easy and a good change from normal coconut, onion or tomato chutney plus a good way to include carrot in our diet and specially for kids if they don't eat carrot, this is also no onion no garlic chutney recipe.
This carrot chutney has lovely color and hint of ginger makes it tasty. If you want you can add garlic too if you wish but normally I add ginger instead of garlic and the tempering is really not needed so you can skip it if you wish.
This chutney taste slightly sweet, spicy and tangy perfect blend and goes along idli, dosa very well. If you haven't tried carrot chutney yet then do give a try and you will like it too.
You can also check other Chutney Recipes
- Coconut Coriander Chutney
- Onion Chutney
- Peanuts Chutney
- Onion Tomato Chutney
- Erra Karram | Red Chutney
- Allam Pachadi | Ginger Chutney
- Garlic Chutney
- Tomato Cilantro Chutney
- Peanut Sesame Chutney
- Coconut Garlic Chutney
Carrot Chutney RecipeEasy, healthy no coconut Carrot Chutney for Idli, Dosa.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||3 to 4|
- 1 Cup - Chopped Carrot
- 1 tsp - Tamarind/Imli
- A Pinch - Asafoetida/Hing
- To Taste - Salt
- 1 tsp - Oil
- 1/2 tsp - Chopped Ginger
- 3 - Dry Red Chilies
- 1 tsp - Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp - Oil
- 1/2 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- 5 to 6 - Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp - Urad Dal
- Peel, wash and chop carrots.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok add ginger, red chili, urad dal and saute until golden brown, add carrot and saute for 2 minutes
- Once carrot changes color and gets cooked trasnfer to another plate and bowl and allow to cool. Meanwhile for tadka, in same pan or tadka pan heat oil add mustard seeds and allow to splutter, add urad dal, curry leave and saute until brown, pour over chutney.
- Grind carrot with salt, tamraind, hing and little water into smooth paste.
Healthy and delicious carrot chutney.
Carrot chutney recipe, carrot chutney, gajar chatni,chutney for idli-dosa,carrot chutney for idli-dosa,easy carrot chutney recipe,healthy chutney recipe,no coconut chutney,no coconut carrot chutney recipe