Pumpkin Taro Curry | Kumda (Kaddu) Arbi Sabzi Recipe
Pumpkin Taro Curry or Kumda Kochai Sabzi or Kaddu Arbi Sabzi is tasty combination of pumpkin and taro. Different way to make pumpkin and both the vegetables comes together very well. Sweet, tangy and mildly spicy this curry goes well with roti, paratha or steamed rice. Normally with full pumpkin I make pumpkin dry curry in batches and only some time try other things.
There is another yummy combination of pumpkin, taro and yam which is speciality during Diwali I made it again this year but didn't clicked pictures so can't share with you guys the yummy recipe so meanwhile we focus on this easy curry recipe. I took this pictures on a very dull day with almost no light as I am facing for past 2 months now so the picture looks dull ignore that and try this and you will like it too.
You can also check other Pumpkin and Taro Recipes
- Dry Pumpkin Curry
- Mathanga Vanpayar Erissery | Pumpkin Lobia Curry Kerala Style
- Taro Leaves Fritters | Kochai (Arbi) Patta Pakoda
- Arbi Sabzi | Taro Curry
Pumpkin Taro Curry | Kumda (Kaddu) Arbi Sabzi RecipeEasy and delicious Pumpkin and Taro curry perfect side with roti and rice.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||4 to 5|
- 3 Cups - Chopped Pumpkin/Kumda (Kaddu)
- 1 Cup - Chopped Taro/Arbi/Kuchai
- 1 - Large Onion
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- 2 tsp - Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 2 tsp - Coriander Seeds Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1 - Large Tomato
- 1 tsp - Amchur/Dry Mango Powder
- To Taste - Salt
- 2 Cups - Water
- Cut pumpkins along the lines in it like in wedges/sections this way we can peel it easily.
- Remove the flesh part (you can wash, dry seeds and use it), peel and chop pumpkin in small pieces.
- Peel and slice taro/arbi and rinse well in water, slice onion and dice tomato.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok add garlic and saute until golden brown, add cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Add onion and saute well until golden brown and soft, add sliced taro, saute until both sides golden brown.
- Once arbi/taro sauted well, add red chili powder, coriander seeds powder, turmeric powder and mix well cook for a minute.
- Add chopped tomato mix and cook until tomato gets mashed.
- Add pumpkin and saute until pumpkin starts to become soft, don't over cook or it will get mashed totally.
- Add water, salt, amchur powder and mix gently. Bring it to good boil and simmer for 5 minutes, off flame.
~ Add more water if you want more gravy type.
Enoy this different pumpkin taro curry.
pumpkin taro curry, pumpkin curry north indian style, taro curry north indian style,kochai kumda sabzi, kumda kochai sabzi,kaddu arbi sabzi,kaddu sabzi,arbi sabzi north indian style,