Cabbage Soup Recipe
I make cabbage soup more often than any other soups as it’s super easy to prepare and taste good. Most of the time half of my cabbage goes in making soup, there are many ways this soup can be made, you can add any other vegetable of your choice or even sambar powder. But this plain soup goes well with any spicy pasta.
I like to make my own soups rather using readymade versions, once you get hang of making soup there’s no looking back and for most of the soup you can follow same recipe, there’s no rocket science here. I never thought of posting this simple soup recipe but this is for one of the friend whom keep asking me to post.
Ingredients [ Serves 3]
Chopped Cabbage - 2 Cups
Onion – 1 [medium]
Minced Garlic – 1 tsp
Olive Oil – 1 tsp
Clove – 1
Cinnamon Stick – 1/2” piece
Vegetable Stock Cube – 1
Water – 4-5 Cups
Salt & Pepper – To taste
1. Chop cabbage and onion, mince or grate garlic.
2. In a pressure cooker or pan heat oil add garlic and onion and sauté until translucent.
3. Add clove, cinnamon, cabbage and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Now add salt and 1 cup water and cook for 1 whistler or until cabbage becomes soft and cooked if using pan.
5. Allow to cool and then discard clove and cinnamon pieces.
6. Transfer everything to blender or mixer, add 2 cups water and blend until smooth.
7. Bring back everything to pan again and add water 1-2 cups if required. Add pepper and adjust salt. Bring it to boil.
Serve warm and relish.
1. Add a potato or broccoli along with cabbage.
2. You can skip clove and cinnamon and add 1 tsp of sambar powder, it taste good.
3. Remember to discard clove and cinnamon before making puree.
4. While boiling the soup in the end, add 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese for delicious cheesy version, kids will love it (don’t use sambar powder in this case).
Have a nice day ~~