Bharwan Tindora Recipe | Bharwa Tendil | Kundru
I haven't been updating blog for a very long time now, I am just busy with work that it gives almost no time for anything else plus once a break comes I find it very difficult to bounce back to blogging :) But that does not mean that blogging or my lovely blog is not in my mind, there's not a single day where I don't think about Indian Khana. Also want to thank the readers for dropping messages asking my whereabouts, sharing you have tried the recipes and liked that.
Bharwa Tindora/Tendil or Stuffed Ivy Gourd is easy yet delicious way to cook Ivy Gourd or Tindora/Tendil or kundru or Kovaikai where split tindora is stuffed with mix of aromatic spices and cooked until tender. I find simple bharwan recipes always so interesting as it's always easy and quick to prepare, taste delicious plus takes the meal to top notch. I have posted bharwan bindi, besan wali bindi which is stuffed Okra and next in times comes this very delicious bharwan kundru or tendil.
Your messages and feedback makes me to come and blog again so here am with this simple bharwan tendil or stuffed tindora. This is really easy plus very tasty, it's difficult to describe in words how good this tindora turns after cooked and goes well with roti or rice.
I looked a good elaborate meal along since I was in mood :) on a particular weekend but you can server this with roti/paratha, simple rice/dal/kadhi or pulao. Since it's stuffed and dry it also makes good lunch-box option to pack. Do try and let me know if you liked/loved it as much as we did.
You can also check other Tindora Recipes
Bharwan Tindora (Tendli/Tindora) RecipeVegan, healthy and quick stuffed tindora with spices.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 30 pieces - Tindora/Tendli/Tindora
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- 1 tsp - Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp - Grated Jaggery
- 2 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves For Stuffing
- 1/2 tbsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp - Coriander Seeds Powder
- 1/2 tbsp - Amchur/Dried Mango Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp - Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Asafoetida/Hing
- 1 tsp - Cumin Powder
- To Taste - Salt
- In a bowl mix all the spices and salt listed under 'For Stuffing' and keep aside.
- Wash, wipe tindora and cut both the ends. Slit the tendli/gourds vertically into four without breaking them.
- Carefully stuff the dry masala filling in the tindora/tendli. Keep the remaining masala, aside (if any)
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan, add cumin and allow to splutter. Add stuffed tindora in single layer.
- Cover the pan with a plate filled with 1/4 cup water, let tindora cook for 2-3 mins after that gently stir tindora and add the water from plate. Allow to cook for another 5 mins in medium flame with turning the tindora in intervals.
- Add the remaining masala stuff, cover and cook for 5-10 mins or until tindora is cooked. Add jaggery and cook for another min, add coriander leaves and off flame.
Serve with rice, dal or roti/paratha.
Delicious and easy Bharwa Tendli/Tindora.
bharwa tindora recipe, bharwan tendli, stuffed tindora, stuffed Kovaikai, stuffed ivy gourd, tindora recipes, easy tendli recipes,bharwan kundru recipe, easy side dish,