Moong Dal Murukku Recipe | Pasi Paruppu Murukku Recipe
While making this murukku I first used multi holes disc, you can used 3 hole or star hole murukku disk too it's upto you, but if you want to have like this white (or shall we say cream) looking murukku then you have to fry it in medium to slow flame, if you keep the flame in high they will start to get golden brown, happened with me for first few batches. Some people make this moong dal murukku with cooked and mashed dal mix with flour, you can use that method too.
Moong Dal Murukku, Pasi Paruppu Murukku, Yellow moong dal Murukulu (Janthikalu) or chakli is easy murukku recipe, I like murukku with different flavors and this is one of the favourite too and makes good snack for Diwali or Holi or even for tea time, If you look to try something different than this is for sure good option specially during this festive season. Since holi is around the corner and Gujiya, Namkeen is famous but try something different and include murukku or chakli in your menu too.
Murukku or chakli are always wonderful snacks for festivals like diwali, holi or just any day of course most of us make these goodies only during festival, so try something new and different apart from kara sev, this is one of my another favourite.
You can check other Holi Recipes
You can also check the other murukku recipes I posted so far like
Moong Dal Murukku | Pasi Paruppu Murukku RecipeEasy murukku or chakli with moong dal flour, snacks for holi, diwali.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Yields:||20-22 Medium Murukkus|
- 2 Cups - Rice Flour/Arisi Maavu
- 1/4 Cup - Moong Dal
- 1 tbsp - Butter
- 1 tbsp - Oil
- A Pinch - Asafoetida/Hing
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- 1 tsp - Sesame Seeds/Til
- To Taste - Salt
- As Needed - Water
- To Deep Fry - Oil
- Dry rosat moong dal until light brown, allow to cool and grind into fine powder, sieve and keep aside.
- In a bowl add rice flour, moong dal flour, butter, oil, salt, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, hing and mix well to combine everything.
- Add water in small quantity to make soft, smooth, non sticky dough without any cracks, keep the dough covered always. Take murukku machine or press and use 3 hole or star hole disc/plate, I used the one with as below, fill the press and heat oil for frying in a kadai/wok.
- You can directly press murukku on hot oil or grease 2-3 laddles and press on them first, gently drop the murukku in hot oil, cook in medium flame, once bubbles reduces turn and cook another side until bubbles ceases. Drain murukku in kitchen tissues, repeat same for rest of dough. If you wish to have white color looking murukku then you have to fry in medium to slow flame, if you increase flame they will turn to golden brown.
- You can pressure cook moong dal with little water, mash and add to flour too instead of making moong dal powder.
- Make soft and smooth dough, knead so there are no cracks.
- You can replace cumin seeds with carom seeds (ajwain/onam).
- You can also add 1 tsp of red chili powder.
- Make 2-3 layers while making murruku, don't add too many layers.
- If not looking for vegan version, then add butter with rice flour instead of using oil hot. Butter will make the murukku softer.
Easy, moong dal murukku, enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee :)
moong dal murukku recipe, murukku with moong dal, pasi paruppu Murukulu Recipe,easy moong dal chakli recipe,,janmashtami recipes,yellow moong dal murukku,pesarapappu murukku,easy murukku recipes,instant murukku for diwali,indian khana,diwali murukku,how to make murukku,easy dal murukku,step by step murukku recipe,easy diwali snacks,how to make diwali snacks,prepare easy murukku at home,murukku for beginners,make potato chakli