Gulab Jamun Recipe | Gulab Jamun with Khoya (Kova) | Diwali Recipes
Gulab Jamun , Gulab Jamun with Khoya (kova) has to be most popular Indian dessert in world, big or small for all occasions gulab jamun is perfect sweet to fit the bill. Soft, melt in mouth and sweet these gulab jamun is treat to eat warm, cold or at room temperature. In parents and in-law's place Diwali means Fresh Gulab Jamun has to be in menu and we mostly make on Diwali Day itself so it's warm and fresh to eat. There was so many variety of gulab jamun but the original remains made with khoya or mawa and that is what we going to learn today how to make gulab jamun with khoya.
Who doesn't like some soft Gulab Jamun for Diwali ofcourse this yummy sweet is not restricted to Diwali only and we make this whether it's any special occasion or not. Even a family get-together calls for some nice gulab jamuns and my elder SIL will make sure it's on there. I wanted to post Khoya Gulab Jamun for a very long time, couple of times I manage to take pictures too but I was never able to post it. This time I made this for DH Birthday and Rakhi and just manage to click few pictures before it disappears and man it's difficult to keep these beauties away from people eating :)
Simple, easy to prepare Gulab Jamuns is treat to eat any time hot, warm, cold or at room temperature. To make it a great party dessert serve warm gulab jamun with vanilla ice cream, you, your guest, family will love it to core. If I make gulab jamun for guest then I mostly serve with simple ice cream and warm the jamuns in microwave for 15-20 secs and it just wow people.
I am posting after a very long time, I have been busy with my few project from last year beginning, it was nothing less than nightmares :) and finally am done. Into another new project now and hopefully this time around can find some time to keep my lovely blog alive. Writing this post after so much long time bringing back all the memories specially the time during Diwali when I try to post some special recipes to share with you readers. Keep your love alive for this blog, it's much needed :)
You can check other Diwali Recipes
- Gulab Jamun with Milk Powder
- Dry Khoya Gulab Jamuns
- Coconut Khoya Gulkand Ladoo
- Besan Ladoo
- Kaju Pista Roll
- Maida Burfi
- Kesar Peda
- Oats Dry Fruits Ladoo
- Sooji Gujiya (Karanji)
Gulab Jamun with Khoya| Gulab Jamun RecipeRich, delicious & popular Gulab Jamun with Khoya (mawa) recipe with step by step pictures.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- For Jamuns
- 1 Cup - Unsweetened Khoya/Kova
- 3 tbsp - Maida/Plain Flour
- 1/4 tsp - Baking Soda
- A Pinch - Cardamom Powder
- For Frying - Ghee/Oil For Sugar Syrup
- 2 Cups - Sugar
- 2 Cups - Water
- 2 - Crushed Cardamom Pods
- Few - Strands of Saffron
- 2-3 Drops - Rose or Kewra Water (optional)
- Few - Slivered Pistachios
- Prepare sugar syrup for that in a large vessel or pan add sugar, water and bring it good boil. Add cardamom powder, saffron strands, rose or kewra water if using and keep boiling until syrup starts to get thicken and we get 1 thread/string consistency around 10-12 mins in medium flame, remove any scum and off flame.
- If you are using frozen khoya, bring it to room temperature. In a bowl add khoya and crumb it. Add maida, cardamom powder, baking powder and combine well. You may need more or less maida depends on your khoya texture, if the khoya is very soft you may need more maida. Make smooth and firm dough.
- Heat oil or ghee in kadai or wok for dee frying and meanwhile divide dough into equal portion and make smooth balls without any cracks. Don't apply pressure while making balls, cover and keep aside.
- Once oil is hot add 5-6 jamuns and fry in slow flame until golden brown.
- Keep stirring the jamun in intervals to even frying. Drain in kitchen towel immediately drop them into the warm sugar syrup. Make sure sugar syrup is warm or little hot. Allow jamuns to soak 3-4 hours or overnight.
Serve warm or cold, enjoy these melt in mouth gulab jamun anyways and it taste delicious.
Popular and delicious Gulab Jamun for Diwali or to make any festival special.
Gulab Jamun recipe, Khoya Gulab Jamun recipe,gulab jamun with khoya recipe,how to make gulab jamun with khoya, easy gulab jamun recipes, gulab jamun with kova recipe,easy diwali sweet recipes, easy ganesh chaturthi recipe, sweets for diwali,easy sweets,ladoo for diwali,Deepavali recipes,Diwali sweets recipes