Happy Rakshabandhan ~ Chat & Milkshake
Wishing everyone Happy Rakshabandhan, hope everyone is celebrating with much fun fare and joy.
It's been few years since I tied Rakhi to my brother and this year I'm hosting the Rakhi-Thread of Love event, I'm missing much more my brother this time :( so here wishing my brother very Happy Rakhi.
I wanted to prepare something sweet for today but later I changed my mind and made Radga Chat or Papadi Chat. Whenever I visit Delhi, having all the chats and pakodis are must for me. I find Delhi chats very different from what we get in Chennai, Bangalore or Hyderabad. I had ragda chat first time in Delhi and got hooked to it. This is my first attempt to make the same, it came okie but there is lot of room for improvement I guess :).
Vada - 8-10 nos (urad dal vada)
Papadi - 10-15 nos
Green Chutney - 1/2 cup
Sweet Chutney - 1/4 cup
Potato - 1 big (boiled and cut in cubes)
Curd - 1/2 cup
Chat masala powder - 2tbs
Cumin powder - 2tbs
Redchilli powder - 1/4 tps
Salt - to taste
1. Soak vada in hot water for 30mins to 1hr. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
2. Cut the potato in cubes add little salt, 1/4tps redchilli powder, 1/2 tps chat masala.
3. Beat curd with 4 tps cumin powder and salt
4. In a severing plate place 2 vada mashed a bit, 2-3 papadi broken in large pieces, potato pieces few. Top up with 3-4 tbs of curd, 2tbs of both chutney, a pinch of cumin powder, chat masala.
5. Repeat step 4 for the rest.
6. Delicious ragda or papdi chat is ready.
Rakhi-Thread of Love event.
Also, prepared Chocolate Milkshake.
1. In a blender add 2up milk, 5tbs of chocolate powder, 1/2tps coffee powder, 4tbs suger, few ice cubes.
2. Blend for 3-4mins and server.
PS: Do send your entries soon, last date for the Rakhi-Thread of Love event is 20th Aug '08