Diwali Recipes | Diwali Dinner Menu | Deepavali Dinner Menu Ideas
Party on Diwali today or 2nd, 3rd day of Diwali or during Diwali weekend is very common specially people to host diwali party or get together with friends, family, neighbors afterall it's the time to meet people and have a good time. Playing cards or games as it's one of the Diwali tradition that lot of people follow though in home or friends circles we never do this. Anyways back to our Diwali dinner menu, plan your menu in advance and keep few options extra just in case in last moment you have a change of mind or something doesn't work as planned.
Items from each category depends on also how many guests you are hosting.
- Choose recipes which is known and liked by most. I have listed most of the popular recipes.
- Try to known if any of your guest has any food allergy and avoid that ingredients if possible unless you are catering for large group then for 1-2 people you don't have to change your menu.
- For sweets, dessert and snacks pick things which can be done fast then going to traditional time consuming sweets recipes, well you can choose that if you have time in hand.
- If having kids on guest list keep 2-3 items considering kids age group.
- Select sweets and desserts which can be prepared 2-3 days before and you can keep in fridge.
- Snacks or starters like tikki, cutlet can be prepared in 2-3 days advance and freeze. Cook before serving or on party day.
- If you menu is long list of recipes then prepare 1-2 curry a day before or early morning unless you are fine with cooking a week before and freezing then you can follow that too. Personally I make everything on same day or just a day before few curry, sweets and snacks.
- Prepare basic masala like jeera powder, ginger-garlic paste etc a week before and store.
- You can also prepare Diwali sweets and snacks in large quantity in advance and share as return gifts with your guests.
- Finish your work before party so you get time to get ready and enjoy the party rather being in kitchen all the time :)
Have a fabulous Diwali celebration.
You can also check:
- Diwali Sweets Recipes Collection Here
- Diwali Snacks Savory Collection Here
- DIY: Home made Decroative Diyas Ideas
- DIY: Diwali Home Decoration Ideas
- Kitchen Basics - Masala, Paste Recipes
Sweets & Desserts Recipes (Mithai/Kheer/Halwa)
- ***Select one to 2 mithai (Sweet) one kheer/payasam or dessert and halwa is optional.
- Sooji Gujiya - Must in diwali in our home, flaky, soft and crunchy sooji gujiya.
- Kaju Pista Roll - Very festive yet easy Kaju Pista Roll, try this to wow your family and friends.
- Kesar Peda - Mildly sweet, delicious Kesar Peda in just 15 mins
- Badam Katli - Katli or fudge made with badam (almonds).
- Corn Flour Burfi - Easy burfi with corn flour, kids will love this.
- Maida Burfi - Easy burfi with maida.
- 7 Cup Burfi - Popular 7 Cup Burfi or cake is similar to Mysore Pak thought it's not the same :)
- Anjeer Mawa Burfi - Easy, delicious with minimal sugar and ghee anjeer mawa or figs khoya burfi.
- Besan Khoya Burfi - Delicious besan burfi with khoya
- Coconut Burfi - Easy and quick fresh coconut burfi
- Dry Fruits Burfi - Sugar free, fat-free, gluten-free burfi with dry fruits.
- Coconut Ladoo - Easy, no cook coconut ladoo with only 2 ingredients.
- Coconut Khoya Ladoo with Gulkand Surprise - Easy coconut ladoo with khoya and gulkand
- Dates Sesame Ladoo - Quick and nutritious khajur, til (dates, sesame) ladoo.
- Sooji (Rava) Ladoo - Popular and easy sooji ladoo.
- Nariyal Gud (Kobbari Louz) Ladoo - Fresh coconut, jaggery ladoo with hint of sesame seeds.
- Maaladu - Laddu made with daliya/roasted gram and ghee.
- Gulab Jamun - Popular Indian Sweet Gulab Jamun made with milk powder.
- Condensed Milk Khoya - Easy khoya made in microwave in 15 minutes.
- Dry Fruits & Figs Roll - Sugar-free, Fat-free easy dates, figs and dry fruit rolls.
- Dudh Peda - Quick and easy peda with milk powder
- Oats Dry Fruits Ladoo - Sugar-free, fat-free, gluten-free, vegan and totally guilt-free laddo for diwali or any festival with goodness of flax and sesame seeds.
- Sooji Apple Halwa - Sooji and apple halwa.
- Sooji Halwa - Classic Indian sweet made with semolina/sooji.
- Beetroot Sooji Halwa - Easy beetroot and semolina halwa.
- Beetroot Halwa - Halwa made with beetroot.
- Sweet Potato Halwa - Sweet potato or shakhand halwa.
- Anjeer Phirni - Phirni made with sooji (semolina) and anjeer (dried figs).
- Moong Dal Kheer - Kheer made with moong dal and jaggery.
- Sabudana Kheer - Kheer made with sabudana (sago).
- Sooji Kheer - Kheer made with sooji (rava), milk, sugar and nuts.
- Phool Makhana Kheer - Kheer made with phool makhana (puffed lotus seeds).
- Carrot Kheer - Kheer made with carrot, milk and sugar.
- Dates Kheer - Easy, suga-free dates (khajoor) kheer.
- Seviyan - Popular semiya payasam or seviyan.
- Anjeer Phirni - Phirni with sooji and anjeer.
- Apple Rabdi - Quick and delicious rabdi with goodness of apples.
- Fruit Trifle - Layered cake, custard and fresh fruits.
- Mango Kulfi (you can use canned mango pulp) - Yummy kulfi with mango.
- Frozen Yogurt Popsicles - Quick and easy popsicles with just 2 ingredients.
***Select two or three snacks
- Besan Murukku - Twist to normal murukku, made with besan/gram flour.
- Besan Sev - Evergreen classic sev.
- Spicy Namak Para | Diamond Cuts - Namak with spices.
- Namak Para - All time favourite Namak Para or nimiki.
- Poha/Aval Mixture - Quick and easy mixture with poha, peanuts and lot of other things.
- Ribbon Pakoda | Murukku - Popular ribbon pakoda, easy and yum.
- Mullu Murukku | Chakli - Must for any festival murukku or chakli.
- Gathiya Sev - Popular Gathiya from Gujarat.
- Chana Dal Moth | Namkeen - Dal moth with chana dal.
- Ompodi - South Indian style sev with ajwain (carom seeds/omam).
- Pepper Murukku - Spicy murukku with pepper (kali mirch) flavors.
- Ratlami Sev - Popular sev from Ratlam with lot of spices, a must try.
- Potato Murukku - Crunchy Murukku with potato flavor.
- Kara Sev - Popular South Indian sev with loads of pepper, yum it is.
- Seedai - Quick, easy snack seedai.
- Butter Murukku - Crunchy yet soft, it's super yummy and additive murukku, A MUST TRY.
- Cornflakes Mixture - Quick, easy mixture with corn flakes.
***Select one or two drinks (Lemonade works great)
- Sweet Lassi - Delicious lassi made with yogurt (dahi), sugar and flavored with cardamom.
- Mango Lassi - Creamy lassi made with yogurt, mango and sugar. You can use canned mango pulp.
- Strawberry Lassi - Creamy lassi made with yogurt, strawberry and sugar.
- Salted Cucumber Lassi - Figs (anjeer) milkshake with almond milk.
- Vegan Figs (Anjeer) Milkshake - Milkshake made with apple.
- Banana Milkshake - Simple milkshake made with banana.
- Fruits & Nuts Milkshake - Filling milkshake with fruits, dates and dry fruits.
- Cookie Milkshake - Delicious milkshake made with chocolate chip cookies.
- Jaljeera - Popular mint lemonade or jaljeera.
- Cucumber Lemonade - Lemonade made with cucumber.
- Strawberry Lemonade - Lemonade made with strawberry.
- Mango Iced Tea - Refeshing iced tea with mango.
***Select one or two snacks
Chaat | Indo-Chinese Recipes
- Dahi Bhalla - Dahi Vada or urad dal dumplings soaked in curd and topped with chutney.
- Ragda Patties - Popular Indian Chaat recipe made with dried peas and potato patties.
- Dabeli - Popular street food with sweet, tangy and spicy flavors.
- Aloo 65 | Chili Aloo - Fried potatoes in Indo-Chinese style.
- Gobi 65 | Chili Gobi - Fried cauliflower in Indo-Chinese style.
- Gobi Manchurian - Popular dry cauliflower manchurian in Indo-Chinese style.
- Plantain Potato Tikki - Tikki or cutlet made with boiled mashed plantain potato.
- Arbi Ki Tikki - Tikki or cutlet made with Arbi (colocassia) and spices.
- Beetroot Cutlet - Delicious, colorful cutlets with goodness of beetroot.
- Oats Cutlet - Healthy oats cutlets with spices and potato.
Pakoda | Vada (Bada)
- Aloo Pakoda - Potato fritters or aloo pakoda made with potato, chickpeas flour and deep fried.
- Arbi Patta Pakoda - Arbi patta or taro leaves pakoda.
- Bhaji Vada (Pakoda) - Vada made with spices, spinach.
- Lauki/Dudhi Pakoda - Pakoda made with bottle gourd.
- Onion Pakdoa - The classic onion pakdoa.
- Spring Onions Pakoda - Pakoda made with spring onions/saaga pyaaz.
- Lobia Vada - Vada made with lobia/jhurga.
- Moong Dal Pakoda (Vada) - Crunchy vada or pakoda made with moong dal.
- Masala Vada - Vada made with chana dal.
- Maddur Vada - Karnataka style Maddur Vada.
- Sambar Vada - Popular South Indian Snack or breakfast Sambar Vada.
***Select one soup (optional), one salad
- Carrot Ginger Soup - Easy carrot soup with ginger hints.
- Broccoli Soup - Healthy, easy broccoli soup.
- Cauliflower Soup - Creamy and yum cauliflower soup.
- Curried Pumpkin Soup - Cafe style pumpkin soup with spices.
- Roasted Corn Capsicum Soup - Freshly roasted corn and capsicum soup.
- Tomato Bread Soup - Popular Pappa Al Pomodoro.
- Spring Onion Peas Soup - Delicious, colorful spring onions and peas soup.
- Tamatar Shorba| Tomato Soup - Classic tomato soup Indian style.
- Carrot Coconut Salad - Oil-free carrot and coconut salad.
- Fruit Salad - Fruit salad in yogurt dressing.
***Select one raita (optional), one or two chutney (green and sweet is good option)
- Aloo Raita - Aloo raita made with boiled potato, curd and spices.
- Beetroot Raita - Flavorful beetroot raita made with beets, curd, coconut.
- Bhindi Raita - Fried okra in yogurt with tempering.
- Dudhi Raita - Dudhi/Lauki raita made with bottle gourd, curd and minimal spices.
- Cucumber Raita - Refreshing raita with grated cucumber.
- Onion Tomato Raita - Refreshing raita with onion and tomato.
- Carrot Raita - Easy raita with carrots.
- Capsicum Raita - Easy raita with capsicum.
- Coconut Coriander Chutney - Basic chutney with coconut and cilantro.
- Garlic Chutney - Spicy garlic chutney.
- Green (Chaat) Chutney - Versatile green chutney to go with anything.
- Sweet (Chaat) Chutney - Sweet and tangy tamarind, jaggery and dates chutney.
- Onion Tomato Chutney - Delicious chutney made with onion and tomato.
- Peanut Chutney - Flavorful nutty chutney.
- Tomato Coriander Chutney - Classic tomato cilantro chutney goes well with every thing.
- Mint (Pudina) Chutney - Refreshing mint chutney to go with anything.
***Select paratha/poori, one or two rice variety
- Ajwain Paratha - Paratha made with ajwain (carrom seeds).
- Chana Dal Puri - Stuffed paratha or puri with cooked, mashed chana dal.
- Mirch Ajwain Paratha - Easy and different ajwain paratha with chili.
- Palak Puri - Healthy and colorful palak puri.
- Kulcha Naan - Kulcha made in easy stove top method(yeastfree).
- Paneer Kulcha - Soft and delicious Kulcha with paneer stuffing made in easy stove top method (yeastfree).
- Yeast free Naan - Soft naan recipe made in easy stove top method.
- Plain Thepla - Thepla or masala roti, a good twist to normal paratha.
- Methi Thepla - Popular Thepla with methi leaves.
- Mooli Paratha - Easy and filling mooli paratha.
- Aloo Gobi Paratha - Goodness of potato and cauliflower in this easy paratha.
- Jeera Rice - Simpel and flavorful Jeera rice or pulao.
- Peas Pulao - Mild and easy peas (matar) pulao.
- Kashmiri Pulao - Mild, aromatic, sweet and colorful Kashmiri Pulao.
- Bagara Bhaat - Easy, flavorful Bagara Bhaat from Hyderabadi Cuisine.
- Kuska Biryani - Flavorful Kuska Biryani is plain briyani without any vegetable or meat, easy one pot meal.
- Sprouts Fried Rice - Healthy fried rice with sprouts and vegetables.
- Veg Fried Rice - Popular restaurant style fried rice
- Paneer Pulao - Easy one pot meal paneer pulao in pressure cooker.
- Babycorn Biryani - Easy one pot meal flavorful babycorn biryani in pressure cooker.
- Paneer Pulao - Easy one pot meal spicy tindora pulao in pressure cooker.
- Carrot Rice - Carrot rice made with cooked rice, carrot and spices.
- Sesame Rice - Nutty, flavorful sesame rice
- Broccoli Pesto Pasta - Easy and healthy pasta with broccoli pesto.
- Eggplant Pomodoro Tomato Pasta - Pasta with eggplant in tomato sauce.
- Spicy Veg Noodles - Spicy noodles with loads of vegetables.
***Select one or two dry curry (sabzi), two or three gravy curry (sabzi) and one dal (optional)
Dry | Semi Dry Curry (Sabzi)
- Besanwali Bhindi - Delicious Bhindi stir fry with chickpeas flour (besan).
- Bharwa Bhindi - Gujarathi style bharwa bhindi or stuffed okra.
- Baingan Aloo Bharata - Popular bharta with aloo, yummy it is.
- Pindi Chole - Dry chickpeas curry made with spices and no onion no garlic.
- Shahi Bhindi - Simple bindi/okra curry made in cashewnut sauce.
- Vratwale Aloo - Aloo or potato dry curry with spices.
- Bagara Baingan - Classic and easy eggplant/brinjal curry.
Gravy | Curry (Sabzi)
- Dum Aloo - Flavorful, spicy and delicious dum aloo.
- Aloo Gobi Sabzi - Classic aloo gobi or potato cauliflower curry.
- Aloo Parwal Sabzi - Classic and delicious potato, pointed gourd curry.
- Tariwale Aloo Matar - Simple no onion no garlic potato peas curry.
- Rajma Masala - Punjabi rajma masala or red kidney beans curry.
- Navratan Korma - Shahi Navratran korma suitable with rice or bread.
- Paneer Makhani - Rich, Creamy Paneer Makhani with no onion no garlic.
- Paneer Butter Masala - Famous paneer butter masala in restaurant style.
- Punjabi Kala Chana Masala - Kala chana or black chickpeas curry Punjabi style.
- Kachache Kela Kofta - Delicious kofta curry with raw banana.
- Mixed Vegetables Kurma - Delicious, creamy kurma (korma) with lots of vegetables and no coconut.
- Masoori Dal - Healthy and filling brown lentil (masoor dal).
- Matar Ki Dal - Oh so delicious matar (green peas)dal with potato, cauliflower.
- Mixed Vegetables Dal - Delicious and healthy dal with mix of different types of dals and vegetables.
- Chana Dal - Chana Dal or bengal gram lentil.
- Hara Moong Dal Tadka - Green gram or hara moong dal.
- Tindora Dal - Yellow moong dal made with tindora.
- Sindhi Kadhi - Popular no onion no garlic Sindhi kadhi.
- Kadhi Pakode - Chhattisgarhi style kadhi pakode.
- Drumstick Sambar - South Indian Drumstick Sambar
- Okra Sambar - South Indian Okra/bhindi Sambar
- Vegetable Manchurian Gravy - Delicious, juicy and popular veg manchurian in gravy.
***You can select one cookie, one tea cake or one muffin/cup cakes (optional)
- Eggleses Banana Cake
- Eggless Plum Cake
- Eggless Almond Brownie
- Spiced Apple Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- Vanilla Cupcake with Cream Frosting
- Eggless Banana Choco Chip Muffins
- Apple Compote Fianciers
- Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Eggless Double Choco Chip Cookies
- Eggleess Brownie Cookies
- Eggless Wheat Almond Cookie
- Kitchen King Masala
- Punjabi Chole Masala
- Roasted Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- Roasted Coriander (Dhaniya)Powder
- Roasted Fennel (Saunf) Powder
- Yogurt | Curd | Dahi
- Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Coconut Milk
Diwali Recipes,diwali dinner menu ideas, diwali food,diwali dinner recipes,deepavali dinner recipes,indian dinner party,dinner menu for guests, diwali dinner menu for guests,hosting diwali dinner party,party dinner lunch menu, party menu,dal recipes,sabzi recipes, beverages,diwali sweets snacks