Diwali Recipes | Diwali Dinner Menu | Deepavali Dinner Menu Ideas
Party on Diwali today or 2nd, 3rd day of Diwali or during Diwali weekend is very common specially people to host diwali party or get together with friends, family, neighbors afterall it's the time to meet people and have a good time. Playing cards or games as it's one of the Diwali tradition that lot of people follow though in home or friends circles we never do this. Anyways back to our Diwali dinner menu, plan your menu in advance and keep few options extra just in case in last moment you have a change of mind or something doesn't work as planned.
Items from each category depends on also how many guests you are hosting.
- Choose recipes which is known and liked by most. I have listed most of the popular recipes.
- Try to known if any of your guest has any food allergy and avoid that ingredients if possible unless you are catering for large group then for 1-2 people you don't have to change your menu.
- For sweets, dessert and snacks pick things which can be done fast then going to traditional time consuming sweets recipes, well you can choose that if you have time in hand.
- If having kids on guest list keep 2-3 items considering kids age group.
- Select sweets and desserts which can be prepared 2-3 days before and you can keep in fridge.
- Snacks or starters like tikki, cutlet can be prepared in 2-3 days advance and freeze. Cook before serving or on party day.
- If you menu is long list of recipes then prepare 1-2 curry a day before or early morning unless you are fine with cooking a week before and freezing then you can follow that too. Personally I make everything on same day or just a day before few curry, sweets and snacks.
- Prepare basic masala like jeera powder, ginger-garlic paste etc a week before and store.
- You can also prepare Diwali sweets and snacks in large quantity in advance and share as return gifts with your guests.
- Finish your work before party so you get time to get ready and enjoy the party rather being in kitchen all the time :)
Have a fabulous Diwali celebration.
You can also check:
- Diwali Sweets Recipes Collection Here
- Diwali Snacks Savory Collection Here
- DIY: Home made Decroative Diyas Ideas
- DIY: Diwali Home Decoration Ideas
- Kitchen Basics - Masala, Paste Recipes
Sweets & Desserts Recipes (Mithai/Kheer/Halwa)
- ***Select one to 2 mithai (Sweet) one kheer/payasam or dessert and halwa is optional.
- Badam Katli
- Coconut Ladoo
- Coconut Burfi
- Dates Sesame Ladoo
- Dry Fruits Burfi
- Gujiya | Karanji
- Maaladu | Dalia Ladoo
- Gulab Jamun
- Condensed Milk Khoya
- Dry Fruits Figs Roll
- Tirunelveli Halwa | Wheat Halwa
***Select two or three snacks
- Besan Murukku
- Besan Sev
- Spicy Namak Para | Diamond Cuts
- Namak Para
- Poha/Aval Mixture
- Ribbon Pakoda | Murukku
- Mullu Murukku | Chakli
- Gathiya Sev
- Chana Dal Moth | Namkeen
***Select one or two drinks (Lemonade works great)
- Sweet Lassi
- Mango Lassi - You can use canned mango pulp.
- Apple Milkshake
- Banana Milkshake
- Fruits Nuts Milkshake
- Cookie Milkshake
- Watermelon Juice
- Jaljeera Pani
- Cucumber Lemonade
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Mango Delight - You can use canned mango pulp.
***Select one or two snacks
Chaat | Indo-Chinese Recipes
Pakoda | Vada (Bada)
***Select one soup (optional), one salad
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Broccoli Soup
- Cauliflower Soup
- Roasted Corn Capsicum Soup
- Spring Onion Peas Soup
- Tamatar Shorba| Tomato Soup
- Carrot Coconut Salad
- Fruit Salad
***Select one raita (optional), one or two chutney (green and sweet is good option)
- Aloo Raita
- Beetroot Raita
- Bhindi Raita
- Dudhi Raita
- Garlic Chutney
- Green (Chaat) Chutney
- Sweet (Chaat) Chutney
- Onion Tomato Chutney
- Peanut Chutney
- Tomato Coriander Chutney
***Select paratha/poori, one or two rice variety
***Select one or two dry curry (sabzi), two or three gravy curry (sabzi) and one dal (optional)
Dry | Semi Dry Curry (Sabzi)
Gravy | Curry (Sabzi)
- Chole Masala
- Chole Aloo Masala
- Dum Aloo
- Aloo Gobi Sabzi
- Kadai Mirch Paneer
- Navratan Korma
- Paneer Makhani
- Paneer Butter Masala
- Punjabi Kala Chana Masala
- Rajma Masala
- Tariwale Aloo Matar
***You can select one cookie, one tea cake or one muffin/cup cakes (optional)
- Eggleses Banana Cake
- Eggless Plum Cake
- Eggless Almond Brownie
- Spiced Apple Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- Vanilla Cupcake with Cream Frosting
- Eggless Banana Choco Chip Muffins
- Apple Compote Fianciers
- Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Eggless Double Choco Chip Cookies
- Eggleess Brownie Cookies
- Eggless Wheat Almond Cookie
- Kitchen King Masala
- Punjabi Chole Masala
- Roasted Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- Roasted Coriander (Dhaniya)Powder
- Roasted Fennel (Saunf) Powder
- Yogurt | Curd | Dahi
- Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Coconut Milk
Diwali Recipes,diwali dinner menu ideas, diwali food,diwali dinner recipes,deepavali dinner recipes,indian dinner party,dinner menu for guests, diwali dinner menu for guests,hosting diwali dinner party,party dinner lunch menu, party menu,dal recipes,sabzi recipes, beverages,diwali sweets snacks